Re: heywood wakefield table

From: Jim Cole
Date: 30 Jun 1999
Time: 22:17:18
Remote Name:


The finish on Haywood Wakefield furniture is usuall nitrocelulose lacquer. NC for short. The color on them was achieved with a toner that is sprayed on after the wood had been bleached. I would recommend that you make your toner with metalicized dyes as they are much less subject to fading than the ones originally used, but will give you the same look.