Re: Stains in varnish

From: George
Date: 02 Jun 1999
Time: 15:36:29
Remote Name:


Sounds like you have less of a 'stain' and more of a disfiguration of the finish. Several companies sell a product called an amalgamator which, in essence, redissolves the finish and allows it to flow back together. It's normally used for small cracks and crazing caused by exposure to extremes in temperature over a long period of time. Short of stripping the piece and refinishing, that's the only alternative I can think of. If you're interested in pursuing this approach, bo to vandykes.com and order their catalog - they have the product.